What Would You take if the House Was Burning Down?
Check out this interesting project! (the Tumblr is listed but you’ll need to check that off campus)
For our Twitter Photo challenge of the week (in this case, 2 weeks), we’ll be exploring how we make snap decisions with our reasoning and emotion as Ways of Knowing.
**Please note that this particular challenge is required, not optional for DP2 students
To what extent do the things we choose to save in a heartbeat reflect our personality?
To what extent are we motivated by emotion and/or reason to make snap decisions about what is valuable to us? What part does intuition play?
Here’s what to do:
1. Don’t think too hard (try to make it spontaneous), but choose NO MORE THAN 10 items (people don’t count, but animals could) that you would save if you had time while your house was burning.
2. Arrange them like the samples and shoot them from a BIRD’S-EYE VIEW, then post the photo to your blog
3. Annotate them underneath the photo (identify what they are and why you’d take them) – see examples in the article. However, you need to also state if you perceive this to be a rational or emotional decision and why.
4. Click on the TITLE OF YOUR BLOG POST -that will give you the DIRECT LINK to your actual post.
5. Tweet your blog post link with the hashtag #tokkailua (they’ll be archived in Storify). You can follow Foster Huntington, the original creator of this project @fosterhunting
Due date: Sunday, Sept. 22 by 11pm