Liar Card Game- Questions
The point of this exercise was to examine the nature, extent, acceptability of various kinds of deception.
Answer the following questions on your blog:
1. Which cards did your group find easiest to place? Which did you find most difficult?
2. How similar or different was your order from that of other groups? Were there any surprises?
3. Were there cases where you’d need more information about the context before placing it?
4. How many of these forms of deception have you engaged in – be honest ?
5. How widespread do you think deception is in the population at large?
6. How do you define a “lie” – which of these cards would you classify as “not a lie” and why?
7. Under what circumstances, if any, is it acceptable to mislead or deceive other people? Should we tell the truth at any cost, or are other things, such as happiness, more important?
– adapted from Richard van de Lagemaat